Churches in Dharwad
Dharwad district in the state of Karnataka is renowned for its temples and their heritage architectural marvel constructed by the Chalukya rulers. Dharwad however has a mixed population and Christians comprise 5.6% of the population in Dharwad town and its 5 sub divisions. Dharwad was also ruled by the British East India Company for some time and hence their influence is visible in the region. Dharwad district has quite a few churches and they are considered as tourist spots in the area as well.
The Anglican Church in DharwadThe Anglican Church in Dharwad district is situated at a distance of 20 kilometers from Hubli town and famous for its conventional architectural craftsmanship and brick work. This church is known as All Saints Church, which was established in the year 1888.
All Saints Church is an Anglican Church affiliated and administered by Church of South India or CSI. With a Christian population comprising Protestants and Catholics, the community visits the churches during mass and especially on Christmas day. Located off Halyal road on the way to Dharwad, All Saints Church stands resplendent in the glory of European and British architecture and influence during their rule in India. Created out of wire cut burnt bricks, the stoic architecture of the chapel is magnificent and visitors pin it on their itinerary.